Pedals continued.

• anonymous wrote on 4 Jul '02, 19:06 report
    I just thought I'd kick off the new classifieds section by continuing the pedal thing.
    Just to refresh everyone's minds, Ben and Bob from Yoda are on the lookout for some cool, interesting or vintage pedals.
    These are some of the things high on our list:
                                 An original Digitech Whammy
                                 A Japanese Boss DS-1
                                 An MXR Phase 90
                                 An Ibanez wah
                                 An Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer

If you have any of these, or anything else that would be vintage or rare, let us know. We might be interested. We're always looking for a new funky sound to use. Always looking for new ways to kill our signal paths! bob_adolphus@mycockishuge.zzn.com

Bob.
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 4 Jul '02, 20:24 report
    I just realised my Super Feedbacker and Distortion DF-2
    is made in Japan.
    as far as i know the distortion element in it is identicle to a DS-1.
    i might sell it to you for $100
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 4 Jul '02, 20:25 report
    IDENTICAL
  • lift wrote on 4 Jul '02, 22:51 report
    is this big?
  • lift wrote on 4 Jul '02, 22:52 report
    how small is this
  • sekt wrote on 5 Jul '02, 01:06 report
    it's not as small as this.
  • orange lozenge wrote on 8 Jul '02, 22:58 report
    Dirty: Are you serious? $100? I'll buy it, if only to stop someone in a cover band from having moderately good gear. And, this Bob dude would be giving you moneyt that was gained from filling the minds of our jocked-up, drunk-bopper youth with mindless, badly performed crap. And i need something to further accentuate my Muff.

Sekt: Smart arse.

Matt
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 9 Jul '02, 00:29 report
    orange i'll think about it,
    i don't really use it much, as i prefer boss heavy metal pedals at the moment.
    if you can give me $100 up front i'd consider it.
  • bob lebowski wrote on 9 Jul '02, 10:43 report
    I'll buy it, if only to stop someone in a cover band from having moderately good gear.

I already own one. It is of no consequence to me if I get it or not. Also it's not the gear you have, it's what you do with it. Look at bands like the Presidents of the USA or G Love and the Special Sauce. Shit gear, great music.

And, this Bob dude would be giving you moneyt that was gained from filling the minds of our jocked-up, drunk-bopper youth with mindless, badly performed crap
    Matt

I don't think this part of your post really belongs in this part of the forum. How I make my money is my own perogative. I don't care if you like it or not.

Bob.
  • bob lebowski wrote on 9 Jul '02, 10:45 report
    Now I know how the quote thing works. I said the middle part of that quote.

Bob.
  • 14hz wrote on 11 Jul '02, 20:59 report
    dose any one know where i can get aBigmuff?
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 11 Jul '02, 21:25 report
    n/a
  • 14hz wrote on 11 Jul '02, 21:34 report
    that site did not help
  • boni wrote on 14 Jul '02, 21:40 report
    Whats the going rate for a big muff???
    I havent heard 1!!
    I have the plans to build 1. Imight have a bash at it l8r!!
  • orange lozenge wrote on 16 Jul '02, 19:48 report
    Dirty: I'll swap you for my Gibson LP Junior-esque thing........maybe. Either that, or i'll give you $80 up front.
    Oh, and I got that Daion Strat copy in the end. Sounds very nice, but is a little quiet, though.

Muff lovers: I have no idea how much you could get one for. i think mine is home-made, because it has a different case. I got it off of some guy in the trading post for $160. Sounds fine, though. Just keep trying second hand shops/cash converters etc.

Matt
  • karl marx wrote on 22 Jul '02, 20:01 report
    Dirty: Are you serious? $100? I'll buy it,

Matt

Um, you better get the money for the fender m-80 first !!
  • orange lozenge wrote on 22 Jul '02, 20:24 report
    True. I'm working on it.

Matt
  • karl marx wrote on 22 Jul '02, 20:27 report
    True. I'm working on it.

Matt

Better get a few more shifts at the bakery
  • scrotumpole1 wrote on 22 Jul '02, 21:32 report
    ive got an old ibanez tube screamer overdrive pro TS808, she's made in japan and it looks hell oldi'll sell it 4 about a tree fiddy
  • angelica wrote on 24 Jul '02, 11:07 report
    Mr.Lozenge,
      by all means by the DS2. But you might like to know, it's nothing like a DS1. It's also not moderatly good quality gear, it's OK, bordering on below average quality gear (at least compared to the DS1).

But I guess it is your cash. . .
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 24 Jul '02, 14:25 report
    the ds2 has a turbo obtion doesn't it??

nirvana apparantly used a ds2 on in utero, and that's a wicked guitar sound!
  • boni wrote on 24 Jul '02, 21:39 report
    I dont go much on boss distortion!
    I wouldnt mind a EQ though.
    Any EQ pedal for that matter
  • bob lebowski wrote on 25 Jul '02, 16:16 report
    ive got an old ibanez tube screamer overdrive pro TS808, she's made in japan and it looks hell oldi'll sell it 4 about a tree fiddy

Mr Scrotumpole1, if you really want to sell your 808 give me an e-mail at bob_adolphus@mycockishuge.zzn.com A member of the Bob and Ben Pedal Collection Group would like to purchase it.
  • orange lozenge wrote on 26 Jul '02, 16:21 report
    Dirty: I think Albini was mainly responsible for the sound on In Utero. Either that, the lack of Mr Fucking Vig. Whatever, its an awesome sound. Did he use the Mosrite on that album? Just curious.

Matt
  • karl marx wrote on 29 Jul '02, 15:19 report
    Dirty: I think Albini was mainly responsible for the sound on In Utero. Either that, the lack of Mr Fucking Vig. Whatever, its an awesome sound. Did he use the Mosrite on that album? Just curious.

Matt

Don't slag Butch Vig off too much! It might of just been that Kurt Cobain used a shitty old Boss Ds1 and didn't care all that much for guitar tone on Nevermind. Listen to Siamese Dream by the Pumpkins, Butch Vig helped create a sonic masterpice.
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 29 Jul '02, 18:01 report
    i wouldn't use the pumkins as a good butch vig example.

But bitch vig is good at recording.
    if you listen to the nevermind outtakes, like alot of the stuff on incesticide, the production and guitar sound is amazing.

sonic youth got butch vig to do dirty (i think).

anyway nevermind sounds wicked! it just has too much chorus going through the ds-1, so don't blame the ds-1
  • karl marx wrote on 30 Jul '02, 13:30 report
    i wouldn't use the pumkins as a good butch vig example.

I would say that either the Pumpkins or Garbage would best indicate his production skills. The amount of layers and overdubs on Siamese Dream is phenomonal. Having said that, the desire for a 'rock masterpiece' was much the desire of Billy Corgan, but without Vig I doubt it would of happened.
  • kurt coburg wrote on 30 Jul '02, 13:58 report
    Tad - 8 Way Santa - some of his best work cause its NOT (as) over produced, sterile, lifeless studio wank like so much of his work ESPECIALLY Garbage.
  • bob lebowski wrote on 17 Aug '02, 12:06 report
    Just quoting myself to try and keep this thread going as this is an on-going quest.
    I just thought I'd kick off the new classifieds section by continuing the pedal thing.
    Just to refresh everyone's minds, Ben and Bob from Yoda are on the lookout for some cool, interesting or vintage pedals.
    These are some of the things high on our list:
                                 An original Digitech Whammy
                                 A Japanese Boss DS-1
                                 An MXR Phase 90
                                 An Ibanez wah
                                 An Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer

If you have any of these, or anything else that would be vintage or rare, let us know. We might be interested. We're always looking for a new funky sound to use. Always looking for new ways to kill our signal paths! bob_adolphus@mycockishuge.zzn.com

Basically if it looks old or wierd then we might be interested. bob_adolphus@mycockishuge.zzn.com

Have a nice day!

Bob.
  • orange lozenge wrote on 17 Aug '02, 16:19 report
    On Nevermind, I think Kurt use d Small Stone distortion, not a DS-1.
    Or know, at least, that he used one on "Smells....."

Referring to the Vig thing, I just prefer the more upfront sounds that is Albini's trademark. I also prefer his guitar sounds to that of Butchy Baby.

I think that Nevermind sounds reverb-y. Which is kind of good in some parts, but not in others.

Oh, and the drums sound on In Utero shits all over the drum sound on Nevermind.

God I'm a fucking narc. Anyhoo.

Matt
  • karl marx wrote on 19 Aug '02, 15:11 report
    Or know, at least, that he used one on "Smells....."

The small stone is a Phaser pedal made by EH. Whilst Kurt did use the small stone and I think also the small clone (chorus), Kurt used a ds-1 for most of his distortion on nevermind, and later started using the ds-2 'turbo distortion' for live stuff.
  • karl marx wrote on 19 Aug '02, 15:15 report

according to this article:

"His principal effects were a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal and an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus, and his main amp was a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22. "
  • orange lozenge wrote on 19 Aug '02, 21:18 report
    I always thought that the Small Stone was a distortion?

Oh well, my mistake. It just shows how much of a gear-head i am not.

Matthew
  • admin1111 wrote on 5 Jul '12, 09:32 report
    asx
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in